Agriculture and Industries Class 4 Social Science
Agriculture and Industries Class 4 Social Science question and answers for the students to prepare for their exams.
Fill in the blanks –
- ……… is used for making cloth . [ Cotton]
- ………… is used for making bags and carpets. [Jute]
- ………. is mainly grown in Karnataka Kerala and Tamilnadu. [Coffee]
- …………… is the second largest producer of tea in the world. [India]
- …………. is made from sugarcane. [Sugar]
- The green revolution was launched in the year …… 
- The most popular staple food of India is ……..[ rice]
- ……………. are generally made in cottage industries. [ Handicraft ]
- ………….. is also called the ‘Golden fiber of India’. [Jute]
Agriculture and Industries Class 4 question and Answers
Name one important beverage crop and explain the conditions required for its growth.
The most important beverage crop is tea. It needs a hot and wet climate to grow.
Name the most important food crop of India and the regions where it is produced.
In India, Rice is an important food crop for most people. The majority of the production occurs in West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, and Punjab and chhattisgarh.
Give an overview of the world’s second most important cereal crop and its geographical requirements.
India’s second most important crop is wheat. In the northwestern and northern parts of the country, it is a major food crop. A cool growing season, with strong sunlight is necessary
Define Cash Crops ?
Cash crops are grown for industrial purposes or for sale in the market. Cash crops include sugarcane, jute, cotton, tea, and coffee. For example, sugarcane can be processed into jaggery and sugar.
What does “industry” mean?
Industry is the process of turning raw materials into finished products.
What are cottage industries ? Give two examples .
Cottage industries employ a very small number of workers who work with simple tools and normally use locally available raw materials.