Ncert Solutions For Class 6 Science Chapter 8 Body Movements
Fill in the blanks:
(a) Joints of the bones help in the ——————— of the body.
(b) A combination of bones and cartilages forms the _______ of the body.
(c) The bones at the elbow are joined by a ______________________ joint.
(d) The contraction of the _____________ pulls the bones during movement.
Indicate true (T) and false (F) among the following sentences.
- The movement and locomotion of all animals is exactly the same. (False )
- The cartilages are harder than bones. (False )
- The finger bones do not have joints. (False )
- The fore arm has two bones. (True )
- Cockroaches have an outer skeleton. (True )
Match the items in Column I with one or more items of Column II.
|Column I||Column II|
|1. Upper jaw||a. have fins on the body|
|2. Fish||b. has an outer skeleton|
|3. Ribs||c. can fly in the air|
|4. Snail||d. is an immovable joint|
|5. Cockroach||e. protect the heart|
|f. shows very slow movement|
|g. have a streamlined body|
- is an immovable joint
- has fins on the body, has a streamlined body
- to protect the heart.
- shows very slow movement.
- has an outer skeleton, can fly in the air.
Answer the following:
What are a ball and socket joint?
The rounded end of one bone fits into the hollow space of the other bone. This is known as a ball and socket joint. Ball and socket joints allow movement in all directions; for example, the shoulder and hip can be moved in all directions.
Which of the skull bones are movable?
Why can our elbow not move backwards?
Because the elbow has a hinge joint that only allows movement in one direction, we can’t move it backward.
Class 6 Science Chapter 8 Body Movements extra questions
Define Pivotal Joint ?
The point at which our neck connects to our head is a pivotal joint. It enables us to bend our heads forward and backward, as well as turn our heads to the right or left.
Define fixed Joint?
Some of the joints between our skull’s bones are different. At these joints, the bones are unable to move. These are known as fixed joints.
Fill in the blanks:-
- The wrist is made up of several small bones called carpels.
- Snails move by using their muscular foot.
- Bones and cartilage form the skeleton of the human body
- Snakes have a long backbone.
- The skeleton of the fish is covered with strong muscles.
- Birds’ bones are hollow and light.
[wpucv_list id=”3225″ title=””]