Class 5 Science Chapter Food and Health
NCERT class 5 science food and health questions and answers for kids to prepare for exams ,class-5-science-5th-chapter-food and health-solution…………
Fill in the blanks
- …….. Are bodybuilding nutrients
- ………. Are energy-giving nutrients
- ……….. Give us more energy than carbohydrates
- …………. Keep our body fit and healthy
- ………….. Fight with diseases and keep your body healthy
- ……….. Helps in the removal of undigested food from our body
- Water removes waste from our body in the form of ……… and …………..
- Sweat & Urine
Give two examples for each of the following:-
- Wheat, Potato
- Eggs, Meat
- Green leafy Vegetables, Fish
- Calcium, Phosphorus
- Butter, Ghee
Answer in one word:-
Night blindness occurs due to the deficiency of…….
Scurvy occurs due to the deficiency of ………..
Rickets offers occurs due to the deficiency of ………
Beriberi occurs due to deficiency of ………….
Goiter is caused by the deficiency of mineral …….
Anemia occurs due to the deficiency of ………
Class 5-Food and Health -Answer the following questions?
Q. – What is a balanced diet?
Ans – Balanced diet consists of all the nutrients required for our body to function properly.
Q. – What is malnourishment?
Ans – Malnourishment means deficiency of nutrients in our body.
Q. – Name any 2 diseases that can happen due to the deficiency of protein and carbohydrate?
Ans – Kwashiorkor , Marasmus
Q. – What are the symptoms of a diabetic person?
Ans – Excessive thirst and hunger is the main symptom.
Q. – What are the main components of food?
Ans – The main components of food are protein, carbohydrate fats vitamins and minerals.
Q. – List the diseases that are caused by a poor lifestyle.
Ans – Obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease are all caused by an unhealthy lifestyle.
Q. – Define roughage? Write 2 examples of roughage-rich foods.
Ans – Roughage helps in the removal of undigested food from our body corn and cabbage are important sources of roughage.
Q. – Name the diseases caused by the deficiency of vitamins?
Ans – Deficiency of vitamins causes
- Night blindness
Q. – Name the diseases caused by the deficiency of minerals?
Ans – Deficiency of minerals causes
- Weak bones and teeth
Q. – What is junk food?
Ans – Junk food is described as foods that provide a lot of calories but little nutritional value to the body.
Read More :-
- Rocks Minerals and Soil Class 5 Questions & Answers
- Class 5 Reproduction in Plants Q & A
- Class 5 States of Matter Solids Liquids And Gases Q & A
- Class 5 Natural Disasters Q & A
- Growing Plants Class 5 Questions and Answers
- Skeletal System Questions and Answers for class 5
- Class 5 Circulatory System Q & A