Last updated on August 25th, 2022 at 10:41 pm
Class 7 GSEB SS chapter 3 Mughal Empire Solutions
Class 7 GSEB SS chapter 3 Mughal Empire Solutions | GSEB Class 7 Social Science Solutions | This Page contains Chapter 3 Solutions as well as Extra questions and answers of the chapter for the exam.
Answer the following questions in one or two sentences:
When and between whom was the 1st battle of Panipat fought?
- The 1st battle of Panipat was fought between Babur and Ibrahim in 1526.
Describe the architecture during the rule of Shershah?
- Shershah belongs to the Muslim dynasty, he built a long highway “grand trunk road” which connected Bengal to north India.
Name the great musician –singer at the time of Akbar.
- Tansen was a great singer at the time of Akbar.
Name the painter of Jahangir.
- Jahangir’s painter’s name was Mansour.
Where and when was Chhatrapati Shivaji born?
- Chhatrapati Shivaji was born in 1627 a.d. in Shivneri Maharashtra.
Answer the following question as per requirement:
Give the outline of the Mughal administration.
- Mughal administration was established by Akbar. The emperor was the supreme commander and judge, as well as the center of the rule.
- Vazir served as the head of the financial and revenue system and was appointed to coordinate between the emperor and the administration.
- Mirbaksh, the commander of the army, recruited army officers and supervised the intelligence system. The spies of the Mughal Empire were called waquianavis.
- The head of the judiciary was Kazi, who was responsible for the Mir-e-Samman department, which looked after the personal needs of the emperor.
Write a note on Mughal architecture.
- In Agra, Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal and the Moti masjid, while in Delhi, the red fort was built.
- Babur established gardens in Lahore and Agra.
- Shershah built a tomb at Sasaram and a mosque in Delhi.
- The fort of Agra, Buland Darwaja, salam Chishti Dargah, mosque, and Panchmahal were built by Akbar.
- During Jahangir’s reign, marble was used in construction.
- Rabir-ud-dauran’s tomb was built by Aurangzeb.
Write a note on victories on Chhatrapati Shivaji.
Chhatrapati Shivaji was the founder of the Maratha empire. He conquered more than 40 forts to expand the great Maratha Empire. He fought with the Mughal empire Aurangzeb and the Adilshah of the Bijapur sultanate until he finally achieved victory.
Discuss the religious policy of Akbar.
As part of his liberal religious policy, Akbar established social relations with the Rajputs. He appointed them to high positions in the army. He brought together the best elements of all religions and established the sect “din-e-Ilahi”. He translated great texts such as Ramayana, Mahabharata, Atharvaveda, Panchatantra, and the bible and Quran into Persian.