GSEB Class 7 Chapter 3 Exploring Advertising
- In this article, who is PerriKlass? Who is Dr. Thomas Robinson?
- PerriKlass is a reporter for the New York Times, and he wrote this article. Thomas Robinson is a professor at Stanford University. Dr. Packard has investigated the effects of advertisements on children in several experiments at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
- What is important for children to learn according to the article?
- According to the article, children should be aware that sometimes people who want their trust are not really their friends.
- How do advertisements for cigarettes and alcohol affect our children?
- Ads for cigarettes and alcohol do influence children and young people toward unhealthy behavior.
- According to the article, what are the top food products that are advertised?
- Candy, sugared cereals, sugary drinks, and fast food are the four most popular products.
- Based on his experiments with children, what has Thomas Robinson learned?
- Thomas Robinson, in a study of kids, learns that 30-second advertisements for a product can change a child’s preference for a brand.
- What is the most effective way to keep children away from advertising?
- Reducing TV and internet usage is the most effective way to keep children from seeing advertisements.
|utterly butterly delicious||Amul Butter|
|Its Finger licking good||KFC|
|America runs on dunkins||Dunkin Donuts|
|kuch meetha ho jaye||Cadbury|