GSEB Class 7 Political Rulers of 18th century
GSEB Class 7 Political Rulers of 18th century | GSEB Class 7 Social Science Solutions | gseb class 7 political rulers of 18th-century extra question answers.
Answer the following questions in 1 or 2 sentences.
[Q] What was the name of Bengal’s first Nawab?
Siraj-ud-daulah was the name of Bengal’s first Nawab.
[Q] Which Sikh clan did Ranjit Singh belong to?
Ranjit Singh belong to sukarchakia clan.
[Q] Between whom, was the third battle of Panipat fought.
The 3rd battle of Panipat has been fought between Maratha and Ahmed shah [shah of Iran].
[Q] Who founded Jaipur?
Sawai Jai Singh founded Jaipur city.
Answer the following question in points:
[Q] Give an outline of the political scenario of India in the 18th century?
In 18th century India, there were many political changes. India was divided into many smaller states after Aurangzeb’s death in 1707 AD.
- Bahadur Shah, the last ruler of the Mughal dynasty, made peaceful relations with Rajput and Maratha kingdoms after Aurangzeb’s death.
- In 1712 AD, Bahadur Shah died, and Jahadar Shah came to the throne. He was overthrown by Farrukhsiyar.
- Farrukhsiyar was removed from the throne by the Sayyad brothers, and Mohammed Shah became king.
- Nadir shah, who came to India from Iran in 1739, dealt a severe blow to the Empire of the Mughals.
- Shah Alam-II ascended to the throne in 1759 AD, but was defeated by the Britishers during the Battle of Buxar.
- The Battle of Plassey was fought between the Nawab of Bengal and the East India Company in 1757 AD and the Britishers won the 24 Parganas.
- Jaipur became the most powerful state in Rajasthan after the fall of the Mughal empire. King Sawai Jai Singh founded the city of Jaipur.
- Sikhism was founded by Guru Nanak in the 15th century. Sukarchakia clan leader Ranjit Singh built the Sikh empire.
- Shivaji is considered as one of the greatest rulers of the 17th century. As a result of battling the sultan of Bijapur, Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, and the Portuguese, Shivaji established an independent state.
- Balaji Vishwanath was the first Peshwa, he developed the Maratha kingdom and seized all its powers.
[Q] State the achievements of Peshwa Bajirao-I
Peshwa Bajirao-I was a skilled fighter and a shrewd politician. He merged a large number of Mughal territories into the Maratha empire and expanded the Maratha estate. In addition to conquering Malwa, Gujarat, and Bundelkhand, he also defeated the Nizam of Hyderabad and transformed Maharashtra into a great Maratha empire
[Q] Explain the contribution of Sawai Jaisingh in the field of science.
Sawai Jai Singh was an efficient statesman, reformer, jurist, and science lover, he was a great astronomer. He built modern observatories in Delhi, Jaipur, Ujjain, and Mathura
Multiple Choice Questions
Which of the following Mughal emperor died in 1707 AD.?
- Bahadur shah
Which of the following Sikh chefs revolted against the Mughals?
- Banda bahadur
Who established the observatory in India?
- Sawai Jaisingh
- Jaswant Singh
- Rana Pratap
Who was the first Peshwa among the following?
- Balaji Vishwanath
- Balaji Bajirao