Last updated on June 28th, 2023 at 11:12 pm
GSEB Class 8 Freedom Movements [1885 AD to 1947 AD]
 Fill in the blanks
- After Bardoli Satyagraha Vallabhbhai Patel came to be known as………….
- Gandhiji gave the title of onion thief to …………
- …………….. Gave the slogan chalo Delhi
- Mohanlal pandya
- Subhash Chandra Bose
 Write the answers of the following questions in one or two sentences
(1) Which leaders were included among the moderate leaders?
Among the moderates in the first phase of the Sabha are Surendra Nath Banerjee, Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Feroz Shah Mehta, Vyomeshchandra Banerjee, Dadabhai Naroji, Badruddin Tayabji and Dinshaw vachchha etc.
(2) Why did Gandhiji call the Rowlatt Act as Black act?
Gandhiji called the Rowlatt Act the “Black Act.” Because the Rowlatt Act allowed anyone to be arrested without a reason and punished in a special court.
(3) Why did the people of India boycott the Simon commission?
The seven members of the Women’s Commission were all English, and not a single Indian was appointed to the commission, so Indians boycotted it under the slogan “Simon Go Back.”