Chapter 3 Living and Non-Living things worksheet for Grade 3 CBSE
What Is Living Things And Non Living Things for class 3 questions and answers frank science class 3 science solution for ICSE and CBSE board……………
Write true or false
- Some non-living things breathe in air – An – False
- Birds give birth to young ones Ans – False
- Fish use their fins to swim in the water. Ans-True
- Animals grow throughout their life. Ans – False
- All living things grow old and die. Ans-true
Who am I?
- I am one of the oldest tree found on earth. Ans – Bristlecone pine tree
- I can reproduce from the cutting of my stem. Ans – Rose
- I am the fastest running bird although I cannot fly. Ans- Ostrich
- I use my skin to breathe in water. Ans- Frog
- I am a green substance present in plants. Ans- Chlorophyll
Short Answer Questions
Q-How do plants breathe?
Ans.Plants breathe through the tiny spores present on the leaves called stomata.
Q-Why do animals move from place to place?
Animals move from place to place in search of food.
Q-How does the Mimosa plant respond to touch?
Mimosa plant folds its leaves when we touch, it is also known as touch me not.
Q-Name the different sense organs of the human body?
There are five sense organs are there in the human body
Q-What is Reproduction?
Reproduction is the process in which the plant or animal reproduce its own kind.
Q-How can you say that the horse is alive?
We can say that the horses live because
- Horse can breathe
- Horse can move from one place to another
- Horse can reproduce
- Q-What are the waste materials that we get from plants?
- The waste materials we get from plants are gums, latex and resins.
- Q-What is the lifespan?
- A living thing has a period of life called lifespan.
- Q-How do animals reproduce?
- Animals reproduce by giving birth to young ones.
- Q-How do fish breathe?
- Fishes breathe through their gills.
- Q-Why do animals move from one place to another?
- Animals move from place to place in search of food water and shelter.
- Q-What is reproduction?
- The process in which living things produce their self kind is called reproduction.
- Q-How living things breathe?
- Human beings and animals breathe through their lungs they use their nostrils to take in air and out.
- Q-Define warm-blooded animals?
- Animals that cannot change their body temperature according to their surroundings are called warm-blooded animals.
- Q-How do birds reproduce?
- Birds reproduce by laying eggs.
Q-What are the different sense organs of the human body?
The different sense organs of the human body are:-
- Q-What are Natural things?
- The things that are not made by man and available in nature are called natural things. Examples are – sun, air, water, etc.
- Q-What are manmade things?
- Things that are made by man are called man-made things .for example – book, pencil, table .chair, etc.
Q-What are the features of living things?
The important features of living things are:-
- Living things grow
- Living things need food and water.
- Living things move
- Living things breathe
- Living things reproduce
- Living things grow older and die
- Q-How do plants breathe?
- Plants breathe through tiny openings called stomata present on leaves.
- Q-How do insects breathe?
- Insects such as ants and Cockroaches breathe through small holes called spiracles present on the body.
Q- Difference between Living and Non-Living?
- Living things move while non-living things cannot move
- Living things breathe while non-living things cannot breathe
- Living things reproduce while non-living things cannot reproduce
Extra question and answers
- The small openings in the leaves are called …… Ans- Stomata
- Living things obtain …….. and energy from food.Ans- Nutrients
- Horses and tigers breathe through their ……….Ans – Lungs
- The ………… of Mimosa plant close when touched.Ans- Leaves
- Fish use ………. to swim.Ans- fins
- All living things can ____ from one place to the other. [Move / go]Ans- Move
- A table cannot move as it is a ______ thing. [Living thing/non living thing]Ans- Non living thing
- Living things need food, ______ and water to live. [Air /soil]Ans- Air
- Plants are______ [living thing/non living thing]Ans- Living thing
- Sunflower always turns towards the ………… [Sun/moon]Ans- sun
- Animals breathe through their…………….. [Lungs / gills]Ans- Lungs
- Water As a Natural Resource For Class 3 Question & Answer
- Safety Rules Class 3 Questions and Answers
- Plants Around Us Class 3 Questions And Answers
- Class – 3 Sun a Natural Resource Q & A
- Class – 3 Clothes we wear Q & A
- Insects Chapter For Class 3 Question & Answer
Frank Science Class 3 Solution