Class 6 India Climate Vegetation And Wildlife
India Climate, Natural Vegetation And Wildlife Class 8 | India: Climate Vegetation And Wildlife Class 6 Extra Questions |India Climate, Vegetation, And Wildlife Lesson Plan
Answer the following questions briefly.
Which winds bring rainfall in India? Why is it so important?
Winds blowing from the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal towards the land bring moisture with them. Rainfall occurs when these winds strike the mountain barriers.
Name the different seasons in India.
In India, the major seasons are as follows:
- Cold Weather Season (Winter) December to February
- Hot Weather Season (Summer) March to May
- Southwest Monsoon Season (Rainy) June to September
- Retreating Monsoon Season (Autumn) October and November
What is natural vegetation?
Natural vegetation refers to grasses, shrubs, and trees that grow on their own without human involvement or assistance.
Name the different types of vegetation found in India.
India’s natural vegetation is classified into five types: tropical evergreen forest, tropical deciduous forest, thorny bushes, mountain vegetation, and mangrove forests.
What is the difference between evergreen forest and deciduous forest?
|Evergreen Forest||Deciduous Forest|
|Tropical Rain Forests grow in areas that receive a lot of rain.||These are also known as monsoon forests.|
|They are so dense, sunlight does not reach the ground.||They are less dense|
|Trees shed their leaves at different times of the year.||They shed their leaves at a particular time of year.|
|Mahogany, ebony, and rosewood are important trees found in these forests.||Sal, teak, peepal, neem, and shisham are important trees in these forests.|
Why is tropical rainforest also called evergreen forest?
Since the trees in these forests shed their leaves at various times of the year, the tropical rainforest is also known as an evergreen forest. As a result, it stays green throughout the year.
Tick the correct answers.
(a) The world’s highest rainfall occurs in
Answer – Mawsynram
(b) Mangrove forests can thrive in
- Saline Water
- Fresh Water
- Polluted Water
Answer – saline water
(c) Mahogany and rosewood trees are found in
- Mangrove Forests
- Tropical Deciduous Forests
- Tropical Evergreen Forests
Answer – tropical evergreen forests
(d) Wild goats and snow leopards are found in
- Himalayan region
- Peninsular region
- Gir forests
Answer – Himalayan region
(e) During the south west monsoon period, the moisture laden winds
- Land to sea
- Sea to land
- Plateau to plains
Answer – sea to land
Fill in the blanks.
- Hot and dry winds known as ________________ blow during the day in the summers.
- The states of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu receive a great amount of rainfall during the season of________________.
- _____________ forest in Gujarat is the home of ________________.
- _____________ is a well-known species of mangrove forests.
- ____________ are also called monsoon forests.
- Gir / Asiatic Lions
- Deciduous Forests
Also Read :-
- Chapter 8 India Climate Vegetation And Wildlife
- Chapter 7 – Our Country India
- Chapter 6 Major landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 5 Major Domains of The Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 3 Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 2 – Globe Latitudes And Longitudes Class 6
- Class 6 Chapter 1 The Earth in The Solar System