Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Sorting Materials Into Groups
Sorting materials into groups class 6 questions and answers | NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Sorting Materials Into Groups.
Name five objects which can be made from wood.
Solution :- Table , Chair ,Wardrobe , Almirah ,Door are made from wood.
Select those objects from the following which shine:
Glass bowl, plastic toy, steel spoon, cotton shirt
Solution :- Glass bowl and steel spoon are shining objects
Match the objects given below with the materials from which they could be made. Remember, an object could be made from more than one material and a given material could be used for making many objects.
|Tumbler||Plastics and Glass|
|Chair||Plastics and Wood|
|Toy||Plastics and Wood|
State whether the statements given below are True or False.
- Stone is transparent, while glass is opaque.
- A notebook has lustre while eraser does not.
- Chalk dissolves in water.
- A piece of wood floats on water.
- Sugar does not dissolve in water.
- Oil mixes with water.
- Sand settles down in water.
- Vinegar dissolves in water.
Given below are the names of some objects and materials: