Physical Features of India Class 4
Physical Divisions of India class 4 by online-shiksha
Fill in the blanks
- …………is the capital of India.
- India is divided into ………… main regions based on its physical characteristics.
- In terms of area, India is the ………… largest country in the world.
- India is the …………. most populous country in the world.
- People in India speak ………… different languages.
- New delhi
Answer the following questions :-
How would you describe India’s geography?
India is located in the southern part of Asia, the largest continent.
Three of its sides are bordered by water.
- The Indian Ocean lies to the south
- In the west, there is the Arabian Sea
- In the east, there is the Bay of Bengal
What are the countries that India borders?
- To the north-west are Afghanistan and Pakistan
- To the north are China and Nepal
- Bhutan is located to the northeast
- To the east, there is Bangladesh and Myanmar
How many rivers does India have?
The following are some of India’s rivers:
Explain the physical features of India?
India has a variety of landforms including plains, plateaus, mountains, etc. This type of feature is called a physical feature.
India is divided into five major regions
- Mountains in the north called northern mountains
- Plains of the North called northern plains
- “Deccan Plateau”
- Islands and the Coastal Plains
- The Western Desert [also great Indian desert]
In India, how many states and union territories are there?
There are total 29 states and 7 union territories. 
Also Read :-
- Our Mineral Wealth Class 4 Question Answer
- Soils of India Class 4 Questions and Answers
- The Coastal Plains and Islands Class 4 Worksheet
- The Northern Plains Class 4 Questions and Answers
- The Southern Plateau Class 4 Question Answer
- The Great Indian Desert Class 4 Question And Answer
- The Northern Mountains Class 4 Questions And Answers
- Class 4 Landforms of the World Q & A
- The Earth And The Solar System Class 4