Rocks Minerals and Soil Class 5 Questions & Answers
Rocks Minerals and Soil Class 5 Questions & Answers Grade 5 Science Solution | for the students of CBSE /ICSE board kids
What types of rocks are there?
Rocks of different types.
What are some examples of igneous rocks?
- Basalt ,
Give examples of sedimentary rocks
- Sand Stone
Give examples of metamorphic rocks?
How are rocks and minerals used?
We get metals from minerals. A mineral from which metal can be extracted is called an ore. it is used to make utensils, machines, furniture, wires …etc
Jewelry is made from precious metals such as gold and silver.
What are the other things we get from minerals?
Rocks are also a source of fuel like coal and petroleum, as well as gemstones.
What is soil?
A soil is a layer of sand, organic matter, minerals, and water on the surface of the earth.
What are the characteristics of soil?
In addition to sand, gravel, and clay, soil contains moisture (water), humus, and air.
How would you describe the soil profile?
Different layers of soil make up a soil profile. There are 3 layers in a soil profile
- The topsoil is the uppermost layer of the soil.
- Subsoil is the middle of the soil.
- The bedrock is the lowest layer of soil.
Fill in the blanks:-
- Powdered ……. is used by dentists to polish teeth.
- A ……….. is made up of minerals.
- Marble changes from …………
- …………. refers to the uppermost layer of soil.
- When magma reaches the surface of the earth, it is called ………..
Also Read :-
- Class 5 Reproduction in Plants Q & A
- Class 5 States of Matter Solids Liquids And Gases Q & A
- Class 5-Food and Health Q & A
- Class 5 Natural Disasters Q & A
- Class 5 Growing Plants Q & A
- Class 5 Skeletal System Questions Q & A
- Class 5 Circulatory System Q & A