Soils of India Class 4 Questions and Answers
Soils of India Class 4 Questions and Answers by online shiksha
Fill in the blanks
- Carrying away of soil by wind or water is called…..
- Desert Soil is mostly found in…?
- Deforestation causes an increase in …………
- Remains of dead plant and animals into the soil to make it fertile is called…?
- Laterite soil is ……… in colour?
- Soil erosion
- Soil erosion
Answer the following questions
How can soil erosion be prevented?
Tree planting, or afforestation, is the most effective way to prevent soil erosion.
What soil is very rich in humus?
Alluvial soils are very rich in humus
What makes soil an important natural resource?
Soil is considered to be the most valuable natural resource in India because most people depend on agriculture for their livelihood.
What is soil erosion?
A fertile top layer of soil is carried by the wind and water to a distant location. It is called soil erosion.
What is the process of soil formation?
Rain, flowing water, etc. break down rocks on Earth to create small pebbles. These pebbles further break down to form soil.
Why is desert soil infertile?
Sand cannot hold much water. Therefore, it is not fertile.
In afforestation, trees are planted in areas that previously had no forest or plantation. This is a method for creating a new forest.
How does black soil form? Where can we find it in India?
The black soil comes from lava that comes from volcanoes. This soil found mainly in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, as well as in parts of Gujarat, Karnataka, and Rajasthan.
What are the different types of soil found in India?
The different types of soil are: –
- Alluvial soil
- Black soil
- Red soil
- Laterite soil
- Desert soil
- The Coastal Plains and Islands Class 4 Worksheet
- The Northern Plains Class 4 Questions and Answers
- The Southern Plateau Class 4 Question Answer
- The Great Indian Desert Class 4 Question And Answer
- The Northern Mountains Class 4 Questions And Answers
- Class 4 Landforms of the World Q & A
- The Earth And The Solar System Class 4