The Coastal Plains and Islands Class 4 Worksheet
Coastal Plains and The Islands Class 4 Question and Answers, by online-shiksha
How western coastal plain is divided?
It is divided into three main parts.
- The Gujarat Coast in the north.
- The Konkan Coast in the middle, up to Goa.
- The Malabar Coast in the south, from Goa to Kanyakumari.
How many groups of islands are there in India?
There are 2 groups of island:
- Andaman and Nico bar in Bay of Bengal
- Lakshadweep in Arabian sea
What is coral islands?
Many islands are formed by the deposition of the skeletons of an animal known as coral. These are known as coral islands.
How many states are located in western coastal plains?
Gujarat, Maharashtra, goa, Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep islands are part of western coastal plains.
Write few important things about Gujarat?
There are few important point about Gujarat:
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Industry: textile, petroleum, fertilizer, salt, and diamond-cutting industries.
- Languages – Gujarati [ also spoke Hindi and English]
- Clothing – churidars and angrakhas, short jackets with colourful turbans
- Tourist Attraction: Gir forest, Asiatic lion’s home
- The well-known AMUL milk products are made in Anand, Gujarat.
Write few important things about Maharashtra?
There are few important point about Maharashtra are:
- Capital – Mumbai
- Industry: Bollywood
- Languages – Marathi is widely spoken
- Mumbai is biggest seaport in India. The Konkan Coast has petroleum deposits. This is known as Bombay High.
Write few important things about Goa?
There are few important point about Goa:
- Capital – Panaji
- Industry: Mining [Rich in Iron Ore]
- Languages – Konkani
- Festival – Christmas
- Tourist Attraction: So Many Beautiful Beaches and Churches, Basilica of Bom Jesus Is the Oldest Church.
Write few important things about Kerala?
There are few important point about
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram [earlier Trivandrum]
- Important Seaport: Kochi
- Languages – Malayalam
- Clothing – Mundu Shirt[men], Mundu blouse and saree[women]
- Festival: Onam
- Traditional Dance: Kathakali
- Kerala produces large quantities of spices, coconut, cashew, coffee and rubber.
Write few important things about Lakshadweep island?
- There are few important point about Lakshadweep island.
- Capital – Kavaratti
- Language – Malayalam
- Important industry – fishing and tourism
How many states are located in eastern coastal plains?
Odisha ,Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Andaman and Nicobar Island and Puducherry are parts of eastern coastal plains.
Write few important things about Odisha?
There are few important point about Odisha
- Capital – Bhubaneshwar
- Main crop – Rice
- Language – Odia
- Dance – Odissi
- Famous tourist place – Chilika lake
Write few important things about Andhra pradesh?
There are few important point about Andhra Pradesh
- Capital – Vishakhapatnam
- Industry – oil refinery and steel plant
Write few important things about Andaman and Nicobar island?
There are few important point about Andaman and Nicobar island
- Capital – Port Blair
- Imp. Occupation – fishing
- Imp. Industry – tourism
Write few important things about Puducherry?
There are few important point about Puducherry
- Its is a union territory with Capital – Kavaratti
- Language – Tamil and English