The Great Indian Desert Class 4 Solutions
The Great Indian Desert Class 4 Question And Answer | Grade 4 Social Science Solution | Western Desert question and answers for the students.
Very Short Question and Answer
- Q – Which is the most useful animal for the people of desert?
- The most useful animal for the people of the Thar desert is the camel.
- Q – Which is the main tourist attraction of Jaisalmer ?
- The desert festival held at Jaisalmer every year is a great tourist attraction .
- Q – Which is an important industry in the Rajasthan
- Tourism is an important industry in the Rajasthan.
- Q – Define oasis ?
- An oasis is a green place with water in the middle of a desert.
- Q – What is a desert ?
- The desert is a flat area with sandy soil and little rain and vegetation.
- Q – What is the other name of The Great Indian Desert ?
- The Great Indian Desert, also known as the Thar Desert, covers the majority of western Rajasthan and is also known as the Western Desert.
The Great Indian Desert Class 4 Question And Answer – Short
- Q – Why are days hot and night school in the desert?
- In the desert, the days are very hot and the nights are very cool because the sand heats up quickly during the day and cools down quickly at night.
- Q – What is a sand dune why does it keep shifting?
- Sand dunes are little sand hills seen in deserts. The desert’s strong winds continue to move the dunes from one location to another.
Q – What has been the effect of Indira Gandhi canal on the Thar desert
- The Indira Gandhi Canal, which originates in the Satluj River, transports water to various parts of the Thar Desert.
- These areas have now turned green, allowing farmers to grow a variety of crops.
- This means that people can farm with the help of the canal’s water.
- Q – Why is the camel still a very important means of transport in the desert
- The camel is the most useful animal in the desert because it can withstand the desert heat, walk easily on the sand, and survive for several days without food or water. As a result, the camel is still an important mode of transportation in the desert.
- Q – Describe the traditional clothes of the people of Rajasthan
- In Rajasthan, women wear ghagra cholis with odhnis to cover their heads, and men wear dhoti kurtas with colorful turbans.
- Q – Name a few tourist attractions of Rajasthan
- Old forts and historical monuments are among the most popular tourist attractions in Rajasthan.
- Q – What are nomads
- People who do not settle down in one place and move around from place to place are referred to as nomads. We also refer to nomads as banjara.
- Q – What is the area of the Thar desert
- It is about 800 kilometers long and 500 kilometers wide, and it covers the majority of western Rajasthan. The land here is partly rocky and partly sandy.
Important Points of the Chapter
The area under the thick layer of loose sand is called a desert.
An oasis in the desert provides a spring, date palm trees, grasses, and other habitats that allow villages to grow.
Sand dunes are small hills of sand found in deserts.
The Indian Desert is located in the western part of the country. It is found in the state of Rajasthan.
There is an oasis in a desert where the level of underground water reaches the surface.
Throughout the day, hot winds blow in the desert. They blow a large amount of sand when they become strong. Sand dunes are thus shifted from one place to another.
The Indira Gandhi Canal transports water to the Thar Desert. It helps irrigate fields and is used for domestic purposes. Farmers have been able to grow a variety of crops because of this canal.
Overgrazing by animals and large-scale cutting of trees have removed grass from the land. These activities are responsible for creating deserts.