Last updated on January 17th, 2023 at 11:19 pm
The United Nations Class 5 Questions and Answers
The United Nations Class 5 Questions and Answers | The United Nations Class 5 Notes by Online-Shiksha
Fill in the blanks
- The first world war start in …………. 
- League of nations was formed in ………….
- The UN was formed on ………..[24 oct 1945]
Answer the following questions
Where is the UN’s headquarters located?
UN headquarters are located in New York City.
Give the names of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council.
There are five permanent members of the Security Council of the United Nations: The United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, and China.
Write the full forms of the following.
- UNESCO- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- UNICEF- United Nations Children’s Fund
- FAO- Food and Agricultural Organization
- WHO – World Health Organization
- ECOSOC – Economic and Social Council
What is the importance of the UN?
On 24 October 1945, the League of Nations was replaced by the United Nations. Globally, after the Second World War, everyone wanted to prevent another war. The organization was created to achieve universal peace and harmony.
Describe the UN’s main objectives.
According to the UN, its main objectives are:
- To maintain international peace and security
- To develop friendly relations between nations
- In order to resolve international economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian problems, international cooperation is required.
- To protect future generations from destructive wars.