Water As a Natural Resource For Class 3 Question & Answer
[Q] What are the uses of water ?
- We use water in drinking, cooking, washing clothes, washing utensils watering the plants, etc.
- All living things need water to live.
- some plants also need water to live plants that grow in water are called aquatic plants.For example lotus, and water lily is the example of aquatic plants
- Animals also need water to live. they drink water from ponds rivers lakes etc.
- some animals are living in water they are called aquatic animals like fish octopus whale turtle etc.
- Plants that grow in the desert need little water to live .plants that grow in the desert do not have leaves their leaves are modified into spines.An example is a cactus plant
[Q] What are the natural water resources ?
The natural resources of water are rain, seas, oceans, rivers, lakes, and ponds.But Rainwater is the main source of natural water.
[Q] Why Ocean water is not drinkable?
Water from Oceans and Seas cannot be used for drinking because it is very salty in taste.
[Q] What are the 3 states of water?
Water exists in all three states that are;
- Solid – ICE is a solid form of water.
- Liquid – water is a liquid form
- Gas – Water vapor is a gaseous form of water.
[Q] Define Soluble and Insoluble Material.
Material that cannot be dissolved in water is called insoluble material while the material which is completely dissolved in water are called soluble material.
- for example, milk, salt, sugar is soluble in water
- while sand, oil and kerosene are insoluble in water.