Fractions for Class 3 With Answers : FRACTIONS and Its Types
Fractions for Class 3 – Fraction Mathematics | Fractions for Class 3 With Answers for the students of State / CBSE /ICSE Students by online-shiksha.com
When a one whole is divided into a number of equal parts each part is called a fraction of the whole and gets a special name.
- One fourth – ¼
- One half – ½
- One third – ⅓
In mathematics, a fraction represents a part of something or a collection of things as a whole.
A fractional number is written with two numbers upper and lower side separated by a line.
The numerator of a fraction is written above the dividing line; it tells us the number of parts chosen.
A fraction’s denominator is written below the dividing line. It tells us how many equal parts were made.
Let’s take an example
If I cut a banana into 3 equal parts and ate 2 of them so what fraction of Banana did I eat?
Answer is – ⅔
Types of fractions:
Like Fractions: Fractions with same denominator is called like fractions.
Example: – 1/6, 3/6, 4/6. 5/6 is Like Fractions because all have a denominator of 6.
Unlike Fractions: Fractions with different denominators is called unlike fractions.
Example: – 2/5, 4/8, 4/6. 5/9 are unlike fractions because all have a different denominator.
Proper Fraction: A fraction in which numerator is less than its denominator is considered a proper fraction.
For ex: – 2/4, 4/8, 6/9
Improper Fraction: A fraction in which numerator is greater than its denominator is called an improper fraction.
For ex- 4/2, 8/4, 9/6
Mixed Fraction: A mixed fraction is a combination of a whole number and a proper fraction
Facts to Remember
- The Parts of a Whole is Called Fractions.
- Denominator of a Fraction Can Never Be Zero.
- To Find the Fractional Part of a Number Multiplied a Number by The Numerator and Divide the Product by The Denominator.
- Equivalent Fraction Represent the Same Part of the Whole Fraction.
- Fractions having a value greater than 1 Whole are called Improper Fraction
Class 3 Fraction Questions on Fraction Mathematics
- Fractions with a numerator of 1 are called ____________.
- 2/5 of 100 is?…………………………….
- One fourth of 20 is = _____________ .
- In the fraction 8/20, the numerator is _____________.
- The fraction 10/10 written in the lowest term is _____________.
- Fractions with different denominators are called ______________.
- Unit fraction
- Unlike fraction