Globe Latitudes And Longitudes – Class 6
Globe Latitudes And Longitudes Class 6 Solutions | ncert solutions for class 6 geography chapter 2
Answer the following questions briefly.
Q. What is the true shape of the earth?
A. the earth’s true form is slightly flattened at the north and south poles, with a bulge in the middle.
Q. What is a globe?
A. the globe is a true model of the Earth in a miniature form. The globe is not fixed. It can be rotated in the same way that a topspin or a potter’s wheel is. Countries, continents, and oceans are depicted in their proper scale on the globe.
Q. What is the latitudinal value of the Tropic of Cancer?
A. Tropic of Cancer value is 23½° N in the Northern Hemisphere.
Q. What are the three heat zones of the Earth?
A. The three heat zones of the earth are torrid zone, temperate zone, and frigid zone.
Q. What are parallels of latitude and meridians of longitude?
A. parallels of latitude are all parallel circles from the equator to the poles while a reference line that runs from the North Pole to the South Pole is called meridians of longitude.
Q. Why does the torrid zone receive the maximum amount of heat?
A. at least once a year, the midday sun is directly overhead on all latitudes between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. As a result, this area receives the most heat and is known as the Torrid Zone.
Q. Why is it 5.30 p.m. In India and 12.00 noon in London?
A. India is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead of GMT, located east of Greenwich at 82°30’E. As a result, it will be 5:30 p.m. In India and 12:00 p.m. Noon in London.
Tick the correct answers.
1.The value of the prime meridian is
Answer – 0°
2. The frigid zone lies near
- The Poles
- The Equator
- The Tropic of Cancer
Answer – the Poles
3. The total number of longitudes are
Answer – 360
4. The Antarctic circle is located in
- The Northern hemisphere
- The Southern hemisphere
- The Eastern hemisphere
Answer – the Southern hemisphere
5. A grid is a network of
- Parallels of latitudes and meridians of longitudes
- The Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn
- The North Pole and the South Pole
Answer – parallels of latitudes and meridians of longitudes
Fill in the blanks.
- The Tropic of Capricorn is located at _________________.
- The Standard Meridian of India is ____________________.
- The 0° Meridian is also known as ____________________.
- The distance between the longitudes decreases towards___________.
- The Arctic Circle is located in the ____________ hemisphere.
- 23½° N) in the Northern Hemisphere
- 82½° E (82° 30’E) standard meridian.
- Prime meridian
- Prime meridian
- Northern hemisphere
Also Read :-
- Chapter 8 India Climate Vegetation And Wildlife
- Chapter 7 – Our Country India
- Chapter 6 Major landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 5 Major Domains of The Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 3 Motions of the Earth