Continents and Oceans worksheet
Continents And Oceans For 3rd Grade | Continents And Oceans Questions And Answers For Students Of All Boards.
Fill in the blanks
- A model of the earth is called a ………….
- A book of small maps is called an …………
- A ………. is a drawing of a part or whole of the earth.
- A ………. is used to find directions.
- The needle of a compass always points to find……………..direction.
- The blue areas on the map show…………..
- A very large landmass is called a ……….
- A large body of water is called in ……………..
- A big map hung on a wall is called a wall map.
- A compass looks like a watch.
Continents And Oceans Questions And Answers
Question – How many continents are there?
There are a total of 7 continents they are Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Antarctica.
Question – Which is the smallest continent?
The smallest continent is Australia.
Question – Which is the largest continent?
The largest continent is Asia.
Question –Which is the largest ocean?
The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean in the world
Question –Which is the smallest ocean?
The Arctic Ocean is the smallest ocean.
Question – How many oceans are there?
There is a total of five oceans they are the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian ocean, southern ocean, and the Arctic Ocean.
Question – Which organization declared the southern ocean as the fifth ocean?
International Hydrographic Organization
Question – Which water body is smaller than an ocean?
Some Important facts:-
- Asia is the largest continent in land size and population
- Mount Everest the highest peak is located on the Asia continent.
- Africa is the world’s second-largest continent.
- This continent is made up of 54 different countries the world’s longest river Nile flow through this continent.
- The world’s largest desert Sahara Desert lies on the African continent.
- North America is the third largest continent.
- South America is the fourth largest continent.
- the Amazon River flows in this continent.
- Antarctica is the fifth-largest continent.
- Europe is the sixth-largest continent.
- Australia is the smallest continent and also a country.