Maharashtra Board Class 8 Human Body and Organ System MCQ for students to prepare for the exams.
1. What is the primary function of the respiratory system?
A. Transportation of nutrients
B. Gas exchange
C. Blood circulation
D. Waste elimination
2. Where does external respiration occur?
3. What is the main function of the diaphragm in respiration?
A. Oxygen absorption
B. Carbon dioxide elimination
C. Air filtration
D. Regulation of breathing
4. Which blood vessels carry oxygenated blood away from the heart?
5. What is the purpose of capillaries in the circulatory system?
A. Oxygen transport
B. Nutrient exchange
C. Carbon dioxide elimination
D. All of the above
6. What is the function of hemoglobin in the blood?
A. Nutrient absorption
B. Oxygen transport
C. Waste elimination
D. Hormone production
7. Which blood group is considered the universal donor?
8. What does the term “systolic pressure” refer to?
A. Pressure during heart contraction
B. Pressure during heart relaxation
C. Pressure in capillaries
D. Pressure in veins
9. What is the function of the pleura in the respiratory system?
A. Filtration of air
B. Protection of lungs
C. Gas exchange
D. Regulation of heartbeat
10. Which organ is responsible for the production of ATP in cellular respiration?