Transportation of Materials in Plants and Animals Class 7 Questions and Answers
Transportation of Materials in Plants and Animals Class 7 Questions and Answers | Class 7 Science NCERT Solutions for all students to prepare for their homework and examinations.
Fill in the blanks:- set 1
- The transportation system is also known as the …….. system. [vascular]
- The evaporation of water from the leaf surface is referred to as ……. [transpiration]
- Blood is made up of ………….., in which blood cells float. [plasma]
- Capillaries join together to form ………… [veins]
- Materials are transported through ……….. in unicellular organisms. [diffusion]
- Plants lose water in the form of water vapor during ……[transpiration]
- The human heart is made up of …………… chambers. [four]
- The process of eliminating toxic metabolic wastes from the body is known as ……….[excretion]
- Human waste is primarily composed of ……..[urea]
- A stethoscope is a device used to detect heartbeats. [stethoscope]
Fill in the blanks:- set 2
- The thinnest blood vessels are the …………[capillaries]
- Due to the presence of …………, the color of red blood cells is red.[hemoglobin]
- The ……………. vein is the only vein that transports oxygenated blood.[pulmonary]
- …………..is the clear, colorless portion of the blood. [plasma]
- Water and minerals travel from the roots to the stem via the ……… tissue. [xylem]
- When a person’s kidneys fail, doctors use a procedure called ………. to eliminate waste from the body.[dialysis]
- The urinary system’s filtering units are known as …….[Nephrons]
- ………….refers to the process of transporting food from the leaves to other parts of the plant. [Translocation]
- Excretion in humans is carried out by the ………system.[ urinary]
- There are many coiled tubes in the kidney, called ………..[nephrons]
Short Answer Question:
How many types of blood vessels are there?
There are 3 types of blood vessels which are Arteries veins and capillaries.
What are the parts of the circulatory system?
The circulatory system consists of the blood, blood vessels, and heart.
How many types of vascular tissues are there?
There are two types of vascular tissues Xylem and phloem
What is osmosis?
Osmosis is the process of absorbing water and minerals from the soil by the roots.
How do xylem and phloem transport materials in plants?
Xylem transports water and nutrients throughout the plant, while phloem transports food molecules throughout the plant.
What are the parts of the excretory system or urinary system?
The urinary system consists of 2 bean-shaped organs called kidneys, a pair of tubes called ureters, an elastic sac called urinary bladder, and a tube called the urethra.
How does blood circulate in our bodies?
The blood circulates in the following path: –
Body parts – right auricle – right ventricle – lungs – left auricle – left ventricle – body parts.
Long Answer Question:
Write a short note on heart.
The heart is a muscular organ located between the lungs that beats 60 to 80 times a minute throughout life. In the heart, there are four chambers: the top chambers with thinner walls are called auricles, while the lower chambers with thick muscular walls are called ventricles.
How many types of blood cells are found in our body?
There are 3 types of blood cells:
RBC – RBCs is disk-shaped cells that contain a red-colored protein called hemoglobin, which is responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body.
WBC – WBC is slightly larger than RBC and doesn’t have a fixed shape. Their main function is to fight diseases by destroying harmful bacteria and foreign materials.
Platelets: – Platelets are smaller than RBC. They help the blood clot when there is a wound in the body, which stops blood flow, and prevents water loss.