Components of Food Class 6 questions and answers
Components of Food Class 6 Questions And Answers by online-shiksha
- Question – Name the major nutrients in our food.
- Ans – Carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals are the most important nutrients in our diet. Besides this, food contains dietary fibres and water.
Question – Name the following:
- The nutrients mainly give energy to our body.
- Ans – Carbohydrate and fats
- The nutrients that are needed for the growth and maintenance of our body.
- Ans – Protein
- A vitamin required for maintaining good eyesight.
- Ans – Vitamin A
- A mineral that is required for keeping our bones healthy.
- Ans – Calcium
Name two foods each rich in:
- (a) Fats – Oil and Ghee
- (b) Starch – Rice and Potato
- (c) Dietary fibre – Banana , Orange
- (d) Protein – Eggs and dairy products
Tick (√) the statements that are correct.
- By eating rice alone, we can fulfil the nutritional requirement of our body. ( )
- Deficiency diseases can be prevented by eating a balanced diet. ( )
- A balanced diet for the body should contain a variety of food items. ( )
- Meat alone is sufficient to provide all nutrients to the body. ( )
Answers of True/False
Fill in the blanks.
(a) ______________ is caused by deficiency of Vitamin D.
(b) Deficiency of ______________ causes a disease known as beri-beri.
(c) Deficiency of Vitamin C causes a disease known as ______________.