Last updated on December 3rd, 2022 at 07:56 am
Class 3 Insects Questions and Answers
Class 3 Insects Questions and Answers | Grade 3 Science Question Answers | insects questions and answers class 3 for CBSE / ICSE Kids
Answer the following Questions
- Question:- Name five common types of insects.
- The common types of insects are bees, houseflies, butterflies, mosquitoes and beetles, etc.
- Question:- What are the three main parts of an insect’s body?
- The three main parts of an insect’s body are:-
- Question:- Define Social Insects. Name some social insects.
- Some insects live in colonies they are called social insects some of the social insects are ants, termites, and bees.
- Question:- Why the Ladybird Beetle is called a friend of the farmer?
- Ladybird beetle eats those insects that damage crops that’ ‘s why we call friends of the farmer.
- Question:- Name two useful insects.
- Some of the useful insects are:-
- Honeybees – honeybees collect nectar from flowers and this nectar gets converted into honey.
- Silkworm: – we get silk fiber from silkworms.
- Question:- Name two harmful insects.
- Harmful insects are:-
- Mosquitoes: – cause malaria and dengue hence they are a harmful insects.
- Termites damage wooden objects.
- Silverfish damage clothes.
- Question:- Describe different types of honey bees and their functions.
- Honeybees live in beehives. There are 3 different types of honeybees:-
- Queen bee: – this is the only egg-producing female in the community.
- Worker bee: – worker bee is sterile females they cannot lay eggs.
- Drone bee: – stingless and defenseless bee, its only function is to mate with the queen after mating it dies immediately.
- Question:- Describe the body of an insect?
- The insect body is divided into 3 parts;
- Head – Head consists of 2 eyes and mouth. Head contains two hairy parts called antennae.
- Thorax – Thorax bears wings and legs
- Abdomen – Abdomen is the back part of the insect it consists of the heart and stomach.
Question:- Explain the life cycle of butterfly
- A tiny worm-like creature called Caterpillar hatches from the egg of the butterfly.
- The caterpillar is a hungry creature. It eats plenty of leaves and grows very fast.
- When it is fully grown, it makes a structure called a cocoon around it.
- The caterpillar at this stage is called a Pupa. It stays in the cocoon without eating or moving and turns into a butterfly.
- When the butterfly comes out of the cocoon, it is a fully grown insect.