Insects Chapter For Class 3 Question & Answer
Insects For Class 3 – Answer the following questions.
Question :- Name five common types of insects?
The common types of insects are bees, houseflies, butterflies, mosquitoes and beetles etc.
Question :- What are the three main parts of an insect’s body?
The three main parts of insect’s body are:-
Question :- Name the insects that live in colonies?
Some insects live in colonies they are called social insects some of the social insects are ants, termites and bees.
Question :- Why the Ladybird Beetle is called a friend of the farmer?
Ladybird beetle eat those insects that damage crops that’ why we call friends of the farmer.
Question :- Name two useful insects?
Some of the useful insects are:-
- Honeybees – honeybees collect nectar from flowers and this nectar gets converted into honey.
- Silkworm: – we get silk fibre from silkworms.
Question :- Name two harmful insects?
Harmful insects are:-
- Mosquitoes: – cause malaria and dengue hence they are harmful insect.
- Termites damage wooden objects.
- Silverfish damage clothes.
Question :- Describe different types of honey bees and their functions?
Honeybees live in beehive. There are 3 different types of honeybees:-
- Queen bee: – this is the only egg producing female in the community.
- Worker bee: – worker bee is sterile females they cannot lay eggs.
- Drone bee: – stingless and defenseless bee, its only function is to mate with queen after mating it dies immediately.
Question :- Describe the body of an insect?
The insect body is divided into 3 parts;
- Head – Head consists of 2 eyes and mouth. Head contains two hairy parts called antennae.
- Thorax – Thorax bears wings and legs
- Abdomen – Abdomen is back part of insect it consist of heart and stomach
Question :- Explain the life cycle of butterfly
- A tiny worm like creature called Caterpillar hatches from the egg of the butterfly.
- The caterpillar is a hungry creature. It eats plenty of leaves and grows very fast.
- When it is fully grown, it makes a structure called a cocoon around it.
- The caterpillar at this stage is called a Pupa. It stays in the cocoon without eating or moving and turns into a butterfly.
- When the butterfly comes out of the cocoon, it is a fully grown insect.
Question :- What are the measures that can be taken to control pest?
Pests can be controlled with the help of pesticides also we can take some other precautions:-
- Mosquitoes lay eggs in stagnant water
- Drains and garbage must be covered.
Question :- Which mosquito causes malaria?
Females Anopheles Mosquito
Fill in the blanks:-
- We get silk from ……………
- Which insect destroy woods ………….
- The insects which live together are called ………… insects.
- Insect that destroy crops ……………
- Honeybees collect …………… from flowers.
- Mosquitoes lay eggs in ……………….. Water.
Answers in ONE word:-
- Name of the insect that collect honey – Honey Bee
- An insect that cause malaria – Female Anopheles
- An insect that damages Crops – Locust
- Insect use this to smell feel and taste things – feelers