Last updated on April 21st, 2023 at 02:26 pm
Class 3 Our Occupation SST Question Answers
Class 3 Our Occupation SST Question Answers 03 – Grade 3 Social Science Question Answers | our occupation class 3 worksheets for the students.
Fill in the blanks
- Any work that helps a person earn livelihood is called………………. [occupation]
- …………. Or ……………….is the main occupation of people living in villages. [ farming / agriculture]
- The crops grown depend on…………….[seasons]
- ……………..farming consists of rearing cows,buffalows and goats.[cattle]
- …………..farming involves rearing of hens ,duck and geese.[poultry]
- Rearing of animals for milk is called ……….. farming.[dairy]
- ……………. Are used to plough fields and draw carts.[bullocks]
- …………….is an important occupation in coastal areas.[fishing]
- Digging out minerals like iron,coal etc. from earth surface is called ………..[mining]
- ………….. are used to make utensils,pipes and machines.[metals]
- ……………….. gives us plastics and medicines.[petroleum]
- ….…………..and………….states are rich in mineral deposits.[Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand]
- A building where goods are made is called ……………[factories]
- A large area of land thickly covered with trees is called………..[forest]
Answer the following Questions:
Q: What is an occupation?
An occupation is any work that helps a person earn a livelihood.
Q: What are some common occupations?
Some common occupations include teaching, science, medicine, engineering, carpentry, farming, and office work.
Q: What is the main occupation in villages?
Farming or agriculture is the main occupation in villages.
Q: What crops do Indian farmers grow?
Indian farmers grow crops such as food grains, pulses, oil seeds, sugarcane, jute, cotton, spices, tea, fruits, and vegetables.
Q: What animals are reared in cattle farming?
In cattle farming, animals such as cows, buffaloes, goats, and bullocks are reared.
Q: Why is dairy farming an important occupation?
Dairy farming is an important occupation because milk and milk products are consumed in great quantity in India.
Q: What is poultry farming?
Poultry farming involves rearing birds such as hens, ducks, and geese for their meat and eggs.
Q: What is fish farming?
Fish farming is the rearing of fish in tanks or ponds.
Q: What is the occupation related to forests?
Many people work in forests, some cut wood which is used to make furniture, packing boxes, match boxes, matchsticks, paper, cardboard, and also as fuel.
Q: What is mining?
Mining involves breaking out minerals such as iron, coal, manganese, and petroleum from the Earth’s surface.
Q: What is the importance of mining in some states of India?
In some states of India that are rich in minerals, mining is an important occupation as these minerals are processed to get metals, automobiles, and many other items.
Q: What are the uses of wood?
Wood is used to build houses and is also used as a fuel. Trees are also cut down to make paper.
Q: What are the products obtained from petroleum?
Petroleum gives us petrol, diesel, plastics, and medicines.
Q: What are the uses of petrol and diesel?
Petrol and diesel are used to run cars and buses.
Q: Which states in India are rich in mineral deposits?
The states of Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand are rich in mineral deposits.
Q: What is the process of converting cotton into clothes?
Farmers grow cotton in their farms, which is then taken to factories to be processed and converted into clothes.
Q: What are some goods that are processed from oil seeds, sugarcane, and tea leaves?
Sugar, rope, tea, and coffee powder are some goods that are processed from oil seeds, sugarcane, and tea leaves.
Q: What are some materials that are made into useful goods in factories?
Metals and plastics are some materials that are made into useful goods such as utensils, buckets, toys, machines, or bodies of cars, buses, and airplanes in factories.
Q: How do goods reach us?
Goods have to be transported from one place to another, and people working in the transport services help to do this. Shopkeepers or traders sell the goods to us.
Q: What are some services that we need besides goods?
Postal, telecommunication, medical, travel, and entertainment are some services that we need besides goods.
Q: Why are all these people important to us?
All these people are important to us as they provide us with the goods and services we need for our livelihood.
Q: What kind of crops grown by Indian farmers?
Indian farmers grow crops ,which include food grains,pulses,oilseeds ,jute cotton etc.
Q: What are the uses of wood?
Wood is used to make furniture, matchboxes, paper and cardboard.
Q: What is cattle farming?
Cattle farming consist of rearing cattle like goats, cows, buffaloes and bullocks.
Q: What are used to make utensils?
Metals are used to make utensils, pipes, machines and many other items.
Q: What is the main occupation in coastal areas?
Fishing is an important occupation in the coastal areas. Fish is a staple food of many people.
Q: Which is the main occupation of the people of villages?
Farming is the main occupation of the people in villages.
Q: Which animal is used to plough fields and draw carts?
Bullocks are used to plough fields.
- Our Festivals for Class 3 Questions and Answers
- Our Country India Class 3 Questions And Answers
- Class 3 Earth And Universe Q & A Answers
- Means Of Communication Class 3 Question And Answers
- Continents And Oceans Questions And Answers – Class 3